Freelance Content Producer
Eve Daniels, LLC, Minneapolis | March 2014-Present
I provide freelance services in creative content production, including articles, videos, web and marketing copy, covering industries ranging from arts and hospitality to business and the environment.
Editor / Content Manager
Catersource Magazine, Conference & Tradeshow, Minneapolis | October 2013-June 2014
Managed, wrote and edited print, web and social media content for a B2B publication (25K circulation; 7 issues per year) and annual event for catering professionals.
Director, Digital Media Strategy
School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis | December 2012-October 2013
Developed and implemented the school’s digital media strategy, with tools and tactics including websites, videos, social media, email and more.
Associate Director, Communications
VP for Research, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis | April 2011-December 2012
Managed content for websites, enewsletters and other strategic communications for all OVPR units. Served as editorial lead on business and research blogs.
Senior Writer / Editor
Hanley Wood Marketing, Minneapolis | April 2010-April 2011
Wrote, edited and assigned brand-sponsored content for print and interactive marketing projects, including websites, blogs, custom publications, social media platforms, enewsletters and more.
Institute on the Environment, University of Minnesota, St. Paul | 2007-2010
Wrote, edited and assigned content for print and online communications. Planned and implemented PR strategies. Co-founded and served as lead editor of Momentum magazine (now Ensia).
Greenspring Media, Minneapolis | 2004-2006
Wrote and edited stories for Where Twin Cities, Meetings: Minnesota’s Hospitality Journal, Official Visitors Guide, Twin Cities Guest Guide, Twin Cities Living, St. Louis Living and Chicago Living.
Minnesota Public Radio, St. Paul | 2002-2004
Wrote copy about regional and national radio programs for articles, ads and sales kits. Served as editorial lead on MPR’s “Plugged In” supplement in Minnesota Monthly magazine.
Bachelor of Arts, Technical Communication, Metropolitan State University | 2000-02
– University of Minnesota: Leadership for the Common Good (2012), Science Writing for Popular Audiences (2007)
– Hamline University: Groundings in Creative Nonfiction (2003), Creative Writing Core Seminar (2002)
– Mpls. Community & Tech College (2009-11): Cinema Production 1 & 2, Sound for Image, Screenwriting, Cinema History
– IFP Minnesota Center for Media Arts (2008 & 2016): Cinematography, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects
Minnesota Magazine & Publications Association (2005-06; 2009-10):
– Momentum magazine: Overall Excellence, Overall Design, Best Feature, Best Publisher’s Letter, Best Technical Article, Best Single Cover
– Greenspring Media Group: Best Feature (Where), Overall Excellence (Meetings), Overall Design (Meetings), Best Visuals (Meetings), Best Directory (Visitors Guide), Best Media Kit (MN Monthly)
Best Feature (Momentum & Meetings), Best Single Topic Issue (Momentum), Best Publisher’s Letter (Momentum), Overall Design (Meetings), Best Visuals (Meetings), Best Column (Meetings)
Overall Design (Momentum & Where), Overall Publication (Momentum), Best Directory (TC Living), Best Single Topic Issue (Where)
University of Minnesota Maroon & Gold Awards:
Institute on the Environment website (2008); Big Question: Feast or Famine video (2010); Momentum magazine (2010-11); Writing: Here Comes the Sun (2015); Drupal Basics Handout (2015); The CBS Experience video (2015)
Airwoman, United States Navy | Norfolk, VA | January 1995-1998: Served active duty at Helicopter Support Squadron Six
Canon 5D and EOS cameras, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, MailChimp, WordPress, Drupal, Final Draft, Google Drive apps, Google Analytics